Art Bernardi has been chosen as the StatSheet Great West Player of the Week for the week ending February 4th. StatSheet's Great West Freshman of the Week goes to Ky Howard from New Jersey Tech.
Bernardi led all of the Great West in rebounding (12.0 per game). He also tallied a huge number in scoring (22 pts per game). The Houston Baptist senior played well in a win against New Jersey Tech.
This is the second time this season that Art Bernardi has been selected StatSheet Great West Player of the Week. He has also received an honorable mention. The runner-up this week is our own Marcel Smith. Honorable mention goes to Nate Duhon, a junior from Chicago State.
StatSheet Great West Freshman of the Week: New Jersey Tech's Ky Howard
Ky Howard played an average of 22 minutes while starting both games for New Jersey Tech. His average in assists (3.5 per game) topped all Great West freshmen. In a 108-69 waxing of Fisher College, Howard chalked up 3 rebounds and 6 assists. In a 66-57 loss to Houston Baptist, he added 7 points and 3 rebounds.
Amazingly, Ky Howard has won the StatSheet Great West Freshman of the Week 3 times. Our own Cody Joyce grabs runner-up. Honorable mention goes to our own Caleb Crayton. This now means Houston Baptist players have been named StatSheet Great West Player of the Week 2 times this season.
Tags: Art Bernardi
- Scoring: Chris Flores, New Jersey Tech: 24.5 PPG
- Rebounding: Art Bernardi, Houston Baptist: 12 RPG
- Assists: Holton Hunsaker, Utah Valley University: 5 APG
- Blocked Shots: Jeremy Robinson, Chicago State: 2 BPG
- Free Throws: Brandon Provost, Texas-Pan American: 7 PPG
- Three Pointers: Chris Flores, New Jersey Tech: 4.5 TPG
- Steals: Nate Duhon, Chicago State: 4 SPG
, Marcel Smith
, Cody Joyce
, Caleb Crayton